THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ The Disclosure FOR MORE INFO.
Today we will talk about one of the most important topics about blogging – Blogging for money…
…How to monetize a blog, what are the main options and how to earn a lot of money without wasting your time on endless failures.
Is that what you are looking for?
Then you definitely need a plan… A blogger’s plan!
We will break it down, step by step to make sure that any beginner reader visiting this article fully understands the basics of monetization.
Note: You can get further in-depth information on this topic along with other blogging lessons in a free step-by-step course I published for my visitors.
We talk a lot about the value of your time as a resource at “blogger’s plan”. It’s not right if you earn 100$s instead of 1000$ only because you didn’t plan things the right way.
You might not care at first, but as a beginner, you don’t want to get on the wrong path, right?
Let’s make sure you won’t!
There are a lot of ways to make money online, but you want to get the most out of the time you have to spend on it.
That’s why you need to know your options first.
You might’ve heard terms like affiliate marketing, sales funnels, google ads, digital products etc. associated with blogging for money. And they probably sound so incredibly confusing right now.
(If you haven’t heard these terms, don’t worry at this stage there’s not much to catch up with, we will talk about them later on).
Yes, they are the ways to monetize your blog, but you don’t want to jump-start and settle down for one of them before you get to know about the other options you really have.
Any bloggers plan starts with the basic look at the available options. In this case – to earn the most money out of the blog. And there’s a lot of them… like really a lot.
Don’t worry, a lot of people tend to get confused at these stages because everything is so chaotic and it’s easy to confuse the high amount of options with complications.
But that shouldn’t scare you. You just came across the article which will lead your way step by step.
At bloggers plan, we love to say that You can do anything, as long as you know WHAT EXACTLY you are doing.
So before we talk about monetization as a part of blogging for money itself, you need to understand how this whole process works.
First, you need to understand why a blog is so necessary for making money online.
The great thing about a blog is that it is the best way to attract people and get an enormous amount of free traffic.
This stays true for any type of online business. regardless of monetization method.
That’s why huge, already established brands have blogs as well.
Have you ever heard of the most famous brand in the world called – Coca-Cola? They want some free publicity as well.
…Who wouldn’t anyone want free advertisement and ability to connect with some new or existing customers anyway?
So, you get the picture by now, right?
A blog serves as some kind of magnet… The rest is a matter of directions (a.k.a. Call To Actions) in the content of your blog.
In other words, as a blogger, you use your content to drive traffic to your blog and to motivate those people to do some specific action at or outside of your blog… at the same time.
That’s why there are no specific limitations of what blogger can and can not monetize a blog with. Monetizing blog itself is only one small part of a big picture.
With that being said, an average blogger (beginner) has 3 general options to monetize a blog when he or she is blogging for money:
Monetize A Property (the blog itself)
Truth to be told, these are not only a digital marketer’s (blogger’s in particular) options. These three options are basics of any type of business.
I know for a fact that it sounds a little confusing at first, especially for a beginner.
But don’t worry, fortunately, this blog is known for its unique ability to break down things and make them simple in no time.
And it just so happened that you are reading a blog post on this matter.
So let’s get straight to it…
You can even get more information by simply enrolling into the free in-depth, step-by-step course I published for my visitors.
To get a better understanding, we need to go through each and every option in separate.
Blogging For Money – The Methods
Don’t forget to save this pin for later:
1. Monetize A Property (the blog itself)
The most common and popular way to monetize a blog as a beginner is definitely to use its content commercially, without making an effort to monetize it otherwise.
The concept is simple – as long as the blog receives some significant amount of traffic, people will pay to get a piece of it.
Let’s talk about the most common ways of monetizing a blog for being a website.
- Ads – There are a lot of ad providers like Google Adsense (which is probably the best one) that will place banners and commercial text snippets on your site in exchange for money. All it takes is placing a certain code (there are a lot of plugins for newbies that help with this) in places you would like and just wait for the moment it will start paying off.
- Banners – As long as a blog receives traffic a lot of people want to place their commercial banner on it to target this specific blog’s target audience.
- Paid Articles – A lot of times bloggers and companies will pay for a specific article to appear on your blog. As long as the blog receives traffic of course…
- Membership – Not all posts have to be available for any visitor. People will often pay to see some “hidden” content.
- Subscription – Yeap… There’s a great chance to get some bucks in exchange for the chance to subscribe. It’s pretty rare but is still worth mentioning.
- Donations – Some bloggers do not use a specific monetization method. They prefer to leave income up to people that want to thank them. That’s when donations are a great option. Might not sound like a great source of income, but it actually is for a lot of blogs.
Bonus: Sell A Site
It’s pretty common when people create blogs just to sell them.
There’s a pretty simple reason for that:
Not everyone likes to learn or start from zero. Some people prefer to buy an existing and even better… already established blog.
And of course, all that comes with a price tag. That’s part of blogging for money.
And since there’s a good amount of demand, there must be a supply as well.
2. Sell Product(s)
Some of you might be surprised. How can a blog sell products, it’s not an online shop.
Well… As I mentioned before, a blog is like a magnet for the free traffic. Therefore in a lot of cases, it might be serving as a promoter, recommender or hype-man for a specific product.
A simple link in a text or in a menu can turn a blog into a commercial platform.
There are two types of products that a blogger can sell:
- Physical Product – Any product that can be “touched”. For example – Shoes, CD’s, Books, Cars, Houses etc. There are a couple of ways to sell them:
- Create Your Own
- Affiliate Marketing – Sell products to other people and get a commission for it.
- Dropshipping – (requires an e-store) buy products from other sites once somebody buys from your store and send it to a customer. Without ever seeing the product.
- Digital Product – Products like online e-books, movies, games etc. Anything that is strictly digital and doesn’t have any type of physical appearance.
- Create Your Own – Writing an educational digital book is one of the most common ways that bloggers monetize their blogs with.
- Affiliate Marketing – There’s a huge amount of digital products on the market. Bloggers can earn a lot of money by just linking to them.
3. Sell Service(s)
Just like in the case of selling products, services are once again another option that a blog can monetize with by motivating its traffic to do a specific action.
- Physical (real-life) Service – Any type of service which is delivered in the world outside of computers and other digital products. Selling flight tickets or hotel reservations would be a great example.
- Digital Service – Freelancing and support are one of the best examples of digital service. And it’s not rare for a blogger to show off the skills and offer the service.
Both of these services can be offered by a blogger or be a part of affiliate marketing (recommendation of other company’s/person’s service).
That’s it, now you’ve found out the best ways of blogging for money. Comment below and let us know what you think!
By the way, do you know how to start a blog? Maybe this guide will help you with that!
As a quick reminder, I would like to remind you that you can find a lot of further details on this topic along with other in-depth lessons about blogging in the free step-by-step course I shared with my visitors.
Got questions about blogging for money? Ask in a comment section below!
No Comments Yet