THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ The Disclosure FOR MORE INFO.
The big majority of bloggers do blogging for money. Regardless of your level of experience, my advice is always the same – to implement the monetization in advance.
Of course, you need great content, a large amount of traffic to convert any a lot of other pieces to be in place.
But, once its all said and done, it’s all about the income.
Related: I published a free step by step course for beginners about blogging for money. You can join it for free and learn all of the blogging essentials in one place.
How much money can you make?
That’s probably the most popular question about blogging.
The answer is not that simple – It all depends.
It highly depends on the method of monetization, Along with other various factors.
Honestly, it’s a truly in-depth topic but at this stage, let’s try to sum up the core methods as fast as possible:
How Can You Make Money Blogging?
Ads are probably the easiest way to monetize the blog. They are almost everywhere, on every site.
Anything that is placed on your blog in exchange for the money can be called the paid advertisement.
It might be – photos, banners, texts, mentions in the text and so on.
There are two ways to get ads:
There are a lot of ad providers like Google Adsense (which is probably the best one) that will place banners and commercial text snippets on your site in exchange for money.
All it takes is placing a certain code (there are a lot of plugins for newbies that help with this) in places you would like and just wait for the moment it will start paying off.
In case you don’t want to pay commissions to the third-party service like Adsense, or just prefer to find and communicate advertisers on your own, you can do it on your own.
It is rarely a better option than the ad networks, but still a very popular way to make money blogging.
It’s one thing to pay for the mention in the article but whole another story to order a sponsored article.
A lot of times bloggers and companies will pay for a specific article to appear on your blog. As long as the blog receives traffic and has a good reputation of course…
You can get paid for writing an article about a certain blog, product, service or almost anything what your sponsor wants.
Sometimes, you don’t even have to write an article. The sponsor will take care of that.
Affiliate marketing is the system by which an online retailer also known as a vendor pays commission to an external website.blog for traffic or sales generated from its referrals.
In other words, vendors pay you in case you help them to achieve their goals.
In most cases, this goal is to sell a product or service.
- You advise their product.
- They receive traffic with a cookie indicating that they have to pay you in case a visitor converts.
- Once a sale is made – you get commissions.
It’s just that simple.
You can check out my in-depth article about affiliate marketing for bloggers.
It is great to run affiliate marketing, but how about the opportunity to sell your own stuff?
- Physical (real-life) Service – Any type of service which is delivered in the world outside of computers and other digital products. Selling flight tickets or hotel reservations would be a great example.
- Digital Service – Freelancing and digital support are one of the best examples of digital service. And it’s not rare for a blogger to show off the skills and offer the service.
Bloggers have been advertising products forever. And just like in case of service, it is way more profitable to advertise your own products:
- Physical Product – Any product that can be “touched”. For example – Shoes, CD’s, Books, Cars, Houses etc. There are a couple of ways to sell them:
- Create Your Own – Order products in China etc. and sell it via your site, amazon, ebay etc.
- Affiliate Marketing – Sell products to other people and get a commission for it.
- Dropshipping – (requires an e-store) buy products from other sites once somebody buys from your store and send it to a customer. Without ever seeing the product.
- Digital Product – Products like online e-books, online courses, movies, games etc. Anything that is strictly digital and doesn’t have any type of physical appearance.
- Create Your Own – Writing an educational digital book or an e-course is one of the most common ways that bloggers monetize their blogs with.
- Affiliate Marketing – There’s a huge amount of digital products on the market. Bloggers can earn a lot of money by just linking to them.
Sell Your Site
It’s pretty common when people create blogs just to sell them or just decide to move on to another project and therefore… Well, sell the current blog.
And people like to buy blogs via sites like Flippa.
There’s a pretty simple reason for that:
Not everyone likes to learn or start from zero. Some people prefer to buy existing and even better… already established blog.
And of course, all that comes with a price tag. That’s part of blogging for money.
And since there’s a good amount of demand, there must be a supply as well.
You can find way more in-depth information with a lot of step-by-step guides and tutorials in my free blogging course for beginners.
These are the most common ways bloggers can make money with.
Do you like the options? Which ones would you use?
Comment in a section below and let me know in you have any questions.